Monday, May 19, 2008

Beginning of the End

Just about over. Started for home today. Printed one final image this morning then packed and cleaned up. Talked about which image to make for the Visitor's Center with Kerry. She favored the calypso orchid. I was favoring a landscape. Kerry seemed to get it right, for shortly afterward some visitors took a look and focused right in on the orchid. I said I would send her several examples because the one I put up in the Visitors center was the first one I did, and I thought I had several, shot subsequently, that were better. I left the pictures on the wall for visitors for a while until they wanted to take them down and send them to back to me. She agreed to do that. Also that would give Kerry a chance to get input from Sarah and Mark before making a final decision.

Just as I was getting on the ferry, I noticed that my bag, left at what I thought was the luggage area hadn't been loaded. No problem getting it aboard, but would have been a problem if I hadn't noticed. Got a ride from the landing to the hotel Tom from the NPS staff. Had a great calzone and some hard cider at Local Myth pizza right across the street. Mike Scherer the proprietor called asking how my trip was and about the accident in Stehekin.

Will re-do some earlier posts, including inside of the Imus Cabin, and work from May 17-19 when I get back and review files.

No comments: