Monday, May 5, 2008

Easy Day - no shooting



Light was blah today, so I tweaked the images from the last several days. The scenery here is great, but the light is tough. Bright highlights in snow and deep shadows in the early morning make it hard to capture the range.
Orchid and fawn lilly looked good (on yesterday's post) and I posted them at the Visitor's Center. Sarah said that more orchids bloom on the Lakeshore Trail near a seep, but it may be too early. I might check that out tomorrow morning and go a little further on the trail than I have before.

Read through parts of "Stehekin: A Guide to the Enchanted Valley" by Fred T. Darvill Jr., MD. It is helpful, but somewhat outdated. It sounds like more of the valley used to be accessable by vehicle, I guess prior the washout in 2003(?). I think that over the next several days I need to hit the higher spots, particularly the Bullion Trail, Coon Lake via the Old Wagon Road, McGregor Mountain Trail and Agnes Gorge Trail. Also need to hit the south side of the Rainbow Loop Trail. While some of the work has had good lighting and I did one black and white image, I need to start thinking a little more creatively about the images, particularly in my last week. I am not sure what that means, but did do one that is a little outside my usual work (Stones5). The rocks "crowding" around the reflection of the moutain in the water seemed expressive to me. [Comments welcome!]

Maybe a bit more macro too, I enjoyed doing the spider. Effectively 12 days are left. Can still accomplish a lot.

No comments: