Friday, May 16, 2008

Assessing

Was feeling a little tired, so I slept in a little later and then did some printing. Posted those at the visitors center and then packed and mailed one box of stuff I didn't anticipate needing for the next three days to get that out of the way.

Spent some time looking at the work I already had up and talking to folks about what I missed. Apparently there are some great waterfalls up in Agnes Gorge, but I couldn't get to them because of the snow. I was told that there was a coyote at Silver Bay, so I will get up early tomorrow and see what I can see. There were mule deer there yesterday. I think some of the best shots are sunrise shots along the Lakeshore Trail, so that will be Sunday morning. Will try Company Creek Trail, which is on the other side of the River, tomorrow afternoon, because the light should be better then.

The River is really coming up, and things seem to be changing rapidly. The area "greened up" almost overnight and the overcast weather has been consistently replaced with warm dry weather. Dust and wind coming down the valley has been a little bit better the past several days.
Went up to the Pastry Company for lunch. Had a chicken and cheese pastry and iced tea. Brought back a carrot cupcake for dessert tonight. There is a new showing in gallery with a reception at 7 and talk at 7:30. Apparently there will be light refreshments.

Nice stuff last night at the Orchard. Went down Bruckner Lane, mostly to do macro because I had seen lizards, snakes, fiddleheads and other stuff on an afternoon scout. Got side-tracked with the moon over the mountains. Didn't have optimal lenses, but that happens everytime I leave something back.

9:00 PM

The reception was very nice, with three different artists. One worked in textiles, one did oils and the third, Roxanne, who also does some back country ranger work (she has read Nevada Barr) did some very nice work in multi-media, but I like her acrylics the best. Sue Walker is an art teacher from Chelan and this was her first show. They had punch and cookies, and little talks from all three artists.

Buckner Lane was also pretty good. Lots of macro including a very cooperative fence lizard, some nice ferns and fiddleheads, and some dogwoods that might have turned out very nicely. Better start downloading.

No comments: