Monday, April 7, 2008

Still more packing, but starting to get a grip

At the airport my camera backpack (LowePro PhotoTrekker AW II) didn't quite squeeze into the box. I probably could have made it, but didn't want to take a chance on damaging anything. I could swear that when I bought it, the specs said it was the largest backpack that was a carryon. Anyway, the lady at the counter said bags needed to be less than 45 inches for the sum of length, width and depth. By my actual measurement it was 46", by official specs even bigger. Oh well, too chicken to take a chance. First line camera gear goes in my carryon luggage; backpack gets shipped via UPS, and I will probably buy a small suitcase, just bigger than carryon to check. If it gets lost, I have a few changes of clothes in the boxes. No more on packing. You are welcome.




This was a 30 second exposure near sunset taken with a neutral density filter at Schoodic during my last residency. The exposue was long enough that you can see a little movement in the moon.

No comments: