Thursday, April 10, 2008

Final packing plan

OK, this is it. Packed a second box mostly filled with my tripod and camera backpack with backup camera and lenses and backup hard drives. Will send both boxes and printer on Sat. - UPS said allow 8 days, so it should get there on time for me to get confirmation before I leave. Will take primary camera and lenses as carryon in regular overnight case and computer in regular briefcase. Will check one bag with extra clothes and anything I can wait a week for if necessary. Coming back, I hope to pack one of the boxes in the checked bag.

4/12/08: The printer and two boxes totaled 105 pounds and cost about $190 to ship including some extra insurance. I should be able to get a tracking number by Monday and can be sure before I leave that necessities are waiting for me when I arrive and not sitting lost and lonely in some airport.

No comments: